Windsor is perfectly located just a half hour away from Halifax-Dartmouth and everything one could look for in city shopping, dining and entertainment. In the other direction it is only a half hour to two hours away from some of the greatest cultural gems in Nova Scotia, including Whale Watching and the worlds highest tides on the Fundy Coast, to UNESCO Heritage Town of Lunenburg where you can see the famous Tall Ship Bluenose II being rebuilt. Of course there are plenty of Orchards, Vineyards, historical sites and parks to visit locally, as well as great shopping, dining and entertaining up and down the Annapolis Valley, all within a short drive of Meander In.
- Avon Valley Golf and Country Club
- Ski Martock (cross country, downhill and snowboarding)
- Hockey Heritage Museum
- Hants County Exhibition Canada's Oldest Agricultural Fair (September)
- Kings Edgehill School
- Howard Dill's Atlantic Giant Pumpkin Patch
- Fort Edward Historic Site
- Haliburton House (Home of Judge Haliburton author of Sam Slick stories)
- Shand House
- World's Highest Tides
- Windsor/West Hants Summer Fest
- Apple Blossom Festival (Spring)
- Pumpkin Regatta (Fall)
- Local vineyards within 1 hour drive
There are plenty of great tourism publications and maps available from the town Visitor Information Centre, and we would be pleased to assist you in planning and locating great adventures to make your vacation stay memorable.